Chronic Pain Focus

Benefit Support Available With Chronic Pain

Benefit Support

In the UK, there are several financial and supportive benefits available for chronic pain sufferers from both the government and charities:

Government Benefits:

  1. Personal Independence Payment (PIP): PIP is provided to individuals aged 16 to 64 who have a long-term health condition or disability, including chronic pain, which impacts their daily living or mobility. The amount you receive is based on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself.

  2. Employment and Support Allowance (ESA): If you have limited capability for work due to your chronic pain, you might be eligible for ESA, which provides financial support to those who are unable to work.

  3. Universal Credit: This is a payment to help with living costs, including housing, for those on a low income or who are unemployed. Depending on your circumstances, chronic pain might qualify you for this support.

  4. Blue Badge Scheme: This allows disabled individuals, including those with chronic pain, to park closer to their destination.

  5. Access to Work Scheme: This scheme provides support for disabled individuals in the workplace, including funding for special equipment, transport, or other necessary adaptations.

Support from Charities:

  1. Pain Concern: This charity offers information and support for those living with chronic pain in the UK. They provide resources, a helpline, and guidance on managing pain.

  2. British Pain Society: They provide information about pain management and resources for individuals living with chronic pain.

  3. Chronic Pain Policy Coalition: Advocates for improved pain services in the UK and provides resources for those living with chronic pain.

  4. Local Support Groups: Many local charities and support groups offer specific help and advice for chronic pain sufferers. These can vary by region, so it might be worth exploring options in your area.

When applying for government benefits, it’s essential to provide detailed information about how chronic pain affects your daily life and ability to work. Seeking guidance from a welfare rights advisor or a charity specializing in chronic pain can be immensely helpful in navigating the application process.

Always ensure to check the latest information on eligibility criteria and application processes as they may change over time.

Back To The Modules Area

Just click the button to go back to the main modules area

Click Here

Back To Members Area

Just click the button to go back to the main members area

Click Here